Rule #1: Never say Wanderlust
I had no idea what to write in this first travel blog post as the actual travelling has not started yet. So I did the obvious thing and cracked a beer while Googling “couple travel blogs” for inspiration. One of those was a mistake (it wasn’t the beer). Now, faced with both the fear of having absolutely no content for this post and my awe of the overwhelming number of complex and feeling-filled blogs out there, I took the easy way out and created a list of what this blog will not be:
- This travel blog will never contain the word “wanderlust,” the phrase “living our dreams,” or anything suggesting more than a loose adherence to norms of bodily hygiene.
- It won’t contain queasy travel quotes overlaid on stock images of nature, cities, or people who look kind of different from us.
- It won’t contain any couple pictures and couple stories or anything about how we are soul mates or how we like vegan brunch (we don’t). We’ll mostly be letting our families know that we are alive and un-exploded
With that out of the way, here are some things you can expect to see:
- A lot of pictures of what we are up to in Asia.
- Stories we hope are worth sharing.
- A few travel tips that we pick up along the way.
- Pictures of food (the one travel-blog cliché we’re OK going whole hog on).
- Frequent and emphatic reassurances that we are not exploded, kidnapped, nor dismembered.
- Pictures of puppies.